On this episode, a discussion of why modifying the dose schedule of the mRNA vaccines in the U.S. is not a good idea, evidence that higher Ct values on hospital admission is associated with higher mortality, and dose-dependent response to SARS-CoV-2 infection of ferrets.
Links for This Episode
- BSL-3 Assistant Manager position 1:49.
- Follow authorized vaccine dosing schedule (FDA) 12:28.
- Mina suggests one vaccine dose (NY Times) 13:57.
- UK decision document on vaccine dose (pdf) 19:30.
- Ct linked to COVID-19 mortality (Open Forum Inf Dis) 43:51.
- Dose-dependent infection of ferrets (Nat Comm) 58:50.
- Letters read on TWiV 703 1:19:08.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:54:00
Brianne – Linsey Marr on masks.
Kathy – Striped Martian Sand Dunes.
Rich – How Microwaving Grapes Makes Plasma.
Vincent – Musings of an anonymous, pissed off virologist.
Laura – Auld Lang Syne follow-up.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.