TWiV reviews epidemiological and experimental evidence that infection with Epstein-Barr virus leads to the production of antibodies against a viral protein that cross-react with a human protein, leading to multiple sclerosis.
Links for This Episode
- ABRCMS ePoster Spring Symposium for Emerging Scientists 2:06.
- ASV Annual Meeting Registration (ASV) 3:09.
- Microbiology & Immunology at LSU Health 3:43.
- Viremia in human poliomyelitis (J Exp Med) 5:17.
- EBV associated with MS (Science) 39:34.
- MS antibodies Bind EBV EBNA1 and GlialCAM (Nature) 56:38.
- Letters read on TWiV 869 1:43:43
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:34:06
Dickson – Rapid intensification of the emerging southwestern North American megadrought in 2020–2021.
Brianne – Which Immune Cell Are You?
Rich – Nikola Tesla – 3D Anamorphosis.
Vincent – Paul’s Uncle Doesn't Want to Get Vaccinated.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.