Eva Harris and Janet Smith join TWiV to discuss how an antibody against dengue virus NS1 protein blocks endothelial dysfunction and the potential of treating infections by multiple flaviviruses.
Links for This Episode
- Eva Harris on TWiV 228 1:28.
- Zika virus in Nicaragua (virology blog) 2:26.
- How an antibody block NS1-mediated endothelial dysfunction (Science) 13:13.
- Protein Data Bank NS1 complex structures (one, two, three).
- Broadly protective antibody against NS1 (Science) 59:32.
- Letters read on TWiV 725 1:18:42.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:44:07
Alan – Science Photographer of the Year Awards.
Rich – Bar Keeper's Friend.
Kathy – Perseverance secret message and other Easter eggs, 11 million Earthlings’ names, "Name the Rover" essay contest. Sign up to send your name on a future Mars mission.
Vincent – COVID-19 dataset.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.