TWiV reviews a seminal paper showing that chemically modified bases in RNAs suppress recognition by Toll-like receptors, a finding that that was essential for the development of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines.
Links for This Episode
- Vaccine Town Hall (ASV) 1:55.
- Columbia University BSL-3 Manager position 2:14.
- RNA modifications suppress innate recognition (Immunity) 4:08.
- Critical contribution of pseudouridine (Front Cell Dev Biol) 34:49.
- Rich Condit reminisces (YouTube) 10:26.
- Letters read on TWiV 860 43:49.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:27:35
Dickson – NASA Research Launches a New Generation of Indoor Farming.
Kathy – How Pfizer scientists transformed an old drug lead into a COVID-19 antiviral.
Rich – Fermi paradox.
Vincent – Racism not Race by Joe Graves.
Jay – Restoration of Ave Maria.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.