Lisa joins TWiV to discuss her research on the pathogenesis of SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2, including work on vaccines and an antiviral, then we review the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as a potential analgesic, and listener questions.
Links for This Episode
- SARS-like bat CoV with potential for human emergence (Nat Med) 20:54.
- SARS-CoV susceptibility loci in CC mice (PLoS Genetics) 30:05.
- Combination attenuation for SARS-CoV vaccine (J Virol) 41:07.
- Orally administered SARS-CoV-2 antiviral (Res Sq) 52:06.
- Spike protein induces analgesia (Pain) 1:05:51.
- Letters read on TWiV 674 1:21:20.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:48:53
Brianne – The Lonely Pipette Podcast: Mentoring with Harmit Malik.
Kathy – Dr. Boyd the Chemist one and two, GREAT short videos one and two, How to read an old school thermometer, New Marvel storyline, Wear a Mask parody of "Be My Guest."
Rich – Clear+Vivid with Alan Alda.
Vincent – Immune 36: Aberrant immunity in COVID-19.
Ryan – Dr. Fauci on politicization of pandemic.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.