Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, followed by a review of the findings that children shed as much SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA from the respiratory tract as older patients, the lineage giving rise to SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating in bats in China for decades, and answers to listener questions.
Daniel Griffin and Chuck Knirsch.
Links for This Episode
- Roche trial of Actemra for COVID-19 fails (Reuters) 23:58.
- Postdoctoral position at RML 55:11.
- Shedding of SARS-CoV-2 at different ages (JAMA Ped) 57:27.
- Evolutionary origins of SARS-CoV-2 (Nat Microbio) 1:10:08.
- Letters read on TWiV 648 29:07, 1:42:01.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.