Tony Schountz joins TWiV to explain the work of his laboratory showing that deer mice can be infected with and transmit SARS-CoV-2, and how his colony of Jamaican fruit bats is being used to understand their response to virus infections.
Links for This Episode
- SARS-CoV-2 infection of deer mice (bioRxiv).
- Infection of Jamaican fruit bats with MERS-CoV (Sci Rep).
- Immunological control of virus infections in bats (Front Immunol).
- Transmission of bat influenza viruses in bats (Nat Micro).
- Letters read on TWiV 668.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.