Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, Slovlakia's plan to test all adults for SARS-CoV-2 infection, viral variants arising in Danish mink and their potential threat to humans, why it is unethical to carry out challenge trials, Nipah virus dynamics in bats and spillovers into humans, and direct cardiac damage by spike-mediated cardiomyocyte fusion.
Links for This Episode
- Denmark will cull mink (Reuters) 55:27.
- State Serum Institute statement in Danish 55:33.
- Unethical to use SARS-CoV-2 human challenge studies (PNAS) 1:08:56.
- Nipah virus dynamics in bats (PNAS) 1:13:28.
- Spike-mediated cardiomyocyte fusion (ResearchSquare) 1:43:48.
- SARS-CoV-2 infects engineered heart tissues (bioRxiv) 2:05:26.
- You cannot lock up all risk groups (Das Coronavirus) 2:11:00.
- Letters read on TWiV 679 28:29, 1:04:57.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 2:14:46
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.