The entire TWiV team assembles to discuss resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus, Brazil, discovery of SARS-CoV-2 related viruses in bats in Southeast Asia, and increased Ct values after administration of mRNA vaccine.
Links for This Episode
- Resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus (Lancet) 3:55.
- SARS-CoV-2 related viruses in Southeast Asian bats (Nat Comm) 19:17.
- Increased Ct following COVID-19 vaccination (medRxiv) 53:34.
- Letters read on TWiV 722 1:09:58.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:42:45
Dickson – What is the polar vortex?
Brianne – Cloning of the black-footed ferret.
Alan – Explaining mRNA vaccines with Star Wars.
Rich – Brighton Collaboration (BRAVATO); Ad26 vector template.
Kathy – Target public health ads to ZIP codes.
Vincent – And Then the Gorillas Started Coughing.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.