For the final episode of 2021, TWiV reviews an experimental infectious attenuated Lassa fever vaccine based on a codon-deoptimized glycoprotein gene, and SARS-CoV-2 infection of free-ranging white-tailed deer.
Links for This Episode
- Codon-deoptimized Lassa fever vaccine (mBio).
- Attenuation of dengue virus by codon deoptimization (TWiV 351).
- Codon deoptimization of poliovirus and RS virus (TWiV 740).
- Codon deoptimization of DNA viruses (TWiV 362 letters).
- CEPI on TWiV 612.
- SARS-CoV-2 in white-tailed deer (Nature).
- Letters read on TWiV 847.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson – EO Wilson (Ants and The Conversation).
Brianne – The Best Fun Science Stories of 2021.
Kathy – Using sound for data analysis; chemotactic bacteria and Moo loo story.
Alan – Owls of the Easern Ice, by Jonathan Slaght.
Vincent – TWiV 9: Fever! The discovery of Lassa virus and TWiV 548: Mice, shrews, and caterpillars.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.