The TWiV team covers outbreaks of eastern equine encephalitis virus in the US and poliovirus in the Philippines, and explain how a chemokine induced by HIV-1 infection helps release more virus particles from cells.
Links for This Episode
- Poliomyelitis returns to the Philippines (Mashable, virology blog) 20:50
- EEE in the USA (Am J Trop Med Hyg) 36:38
- Chemokine helps HIV-1 release (eLIFE) 44:52
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 567 5:31, 27:35, 43:49, 1:21:02
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:34:44
Brianne – History of infectious disease before/after vaccines
Alan – NIH Ham Radio Club
Rich – Renewable jet fuel from air
Dickson – Newly Discovered Comet Is Likely Interstellar Visitor
Kathy – How professors spend their time
Vincent – Non-polio enterovirus surveillance
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com