Peter Hotez joins TWiV to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic, including why it went out of control in the U.S., the hijacking of public health practices by anti-science extremist groups, prospects for control, and whether we will be prepared for the next one.
Links for This Episode
- Peter Hotez on TWiP 29 and TWiV Special 2:43.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 (Microbes Inf) 11:38.
- SARS-CoV-2 RBD protein vaccine candidate (bioRxiv).
- Anti-science extremism in America (Microbes Inf) 7:29.
- Low cost accessible COVID-19 vaccine (PLoS NTD).
- Letters read on TWiV 687 1:21:03.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson – The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel to Open in Norway.
Brianne – The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science.
Alan – ACIP’s ethical principles for COVID-19 vaccine allocation.
Rich – The Mandolorian.
Vincent – T. rex and the Crater of Doom by Walter Alvarez.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.