MicrobeTV condemns violence of any kind and will commit resources as an educational platform to support the African American community and people of color worldwide. Black Lives Matter, and our hearts, our support and our solidarity are with everyone who suffers from racial injustice. Human dignity starts with the singular premise that we are all the same, no matter our skin color, religion, sex, gender, or where we live. At all times and in all circumstances, people are entitled to respect, and humane treatment especially by those in position of authority. MicrobeTV says "no more" racism and we will work with educators, scientists and civil society globally to do what is in our power to end social injustice in all its forms.
Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then Ralph Baric joins TWiV to discuss SARS-CoV-2 transmission, vaccines, diagnostic tests, and a new animal model from his laboratory that does not use transgenic mice.
Note: Daniel's update is in the audio-only version of this episode.
Daniel Griffin, Chuck Knirsch, and Ralph Baric.
Links for This Episode
- Mouse-adapted SARS-CoV-2 model (bioRxiv) 1:14:36.
- SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccine (bioRxiv) 1:32:36.
- ASM resources for #shutdownstem 1:55:38.
- President Obama on sustaining momentum for change (Facebook) 1:56:52.
- America After the Civil War (PBS) 1:59:09.
- Image credit.
- Letters read on TWiV 626 25:09, 1:41:07, 2:02:35.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.