Alessandro Sette joins TWiV to discuss the role of T cells in COVID-19, the finding that amino acid changes in SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern have a negligible impact on T cell reactivity in convalescent patients and vaccines, and whether a next generation vaccine should include more viral proteins than spike.
Links for this episode
- Little impact of SARS-CoV-2 variants on T cell reactivity (bioRxiv) 6:28, 25:13.
- NIDO 2021 Symposium 1:12:02.
- ASV hosts free COVID-19 Vaccine Education Town Halls (register here) 1:12:38.
- Letters read on TWiV 736 1:30:06.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:46:29
Alan – The Disinformation Dozen report.
Rich – No needle, but the damage was done.
Kathy – Zinn art, David Zinn on YouTube.
Vincent – Clueless Wall Street Journal Op-Ed Endorses PACE as "Prevailing View" Among Docs.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.