Daniel Griffin provides a clinical update on COVID-19, then Sabra Klein joins us to discuss the effect of sex, gender, and age on viral infectious disease, including COVID-19.
Links for This Episode
- SeXX matters in infectious disease pathogenesis (PLoS Path).
- Sex and gender impact immune responses to vaccines (Physiol).
- Testosterone and disease severity in mice (Cell Immunol).
- Age-associated effects on impact of sex steroids on vaccine responses (NPJ Vaccines).
- Evolution of greater humoral immunity in females (Curr Opin Physiol).
- Impact of sex and gender on COVID-19 (Biol Sex Diff).
- COVID-19 trials should include sex as variable (J Clin Inves).
- Global Health 50/50.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.