Michael Mina joins TWiV to reveal why frequent and rapid SARS-CoV-2 testing is more important than accuracy, how a daily $1 rapid test could control the pandemic, and why group testing works.
Links for This Episode
- Michael Mina on Immune 26 2:46.
- White House bypasses CDC (NY Times) 5:06.
- Test sensitivity is secondary to frequency and turnaround time (medRxiv) 6:31.
- Group testing for SARS-CoV-2 (medRxiv) 39:29.
- Consider the cycle threshold value (Clin Inf Dis) 33:16.
- MERS-CoV spike nanoparticles protect mice from infection (Vaccine) 1:21:34.
- CoV spike protein nanoparticles induce neutralizing antibodies in mice (Vaccine) 1:22:30.
- Letters read on TWiV 640 1:00:49.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.