TWiV revisits Brazil's rejection of Sputnik vaccine, examines influenza transmission via the air from the nasal epithelium of ferrets, and a history of accidental releases of polioviruses and their relevance for eradication of poliomyelitis.
Links for This Episode
- ASV vaccine town halls 3:16.
- Sputnik Light 7:10.
- Ferret airborne transmission of influenza virus (Nat Comm) 24:07.
- Facility releases of poliovirus (Emerg Inf Dis) 1:02:07.
- Polio eradication progress (Polio Erad Init) 1:10:12.
- Letters read on TWiV 753 6:44, 1:39:25.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:25:27
Brianne – Types of Scientific Paper.
Alan – Rusty Lake Games / Cube Escape Collection.
Rich – The Departed Could Soon Become Compost in Colorado; Recompose (wiki).
Vincent – Public Health Image Library.
Ivan – Apollo 11: As They Shot It.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.