Chadi and Caroline join TWiV to describe the potential epidemiological and evolutionary impacts of vaccine nationalism, and their modeling which emphasizes the importance of rapid equitable vaccine distribution for global control of the pandemic.
Links for This Episode
- Vaccine nationalism and control of the pandemic (Science) 9:51.
- Vaccine sharing app.
- Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 simulation.
- Dynamics of vaccination simulation.
- Vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization (MMWR) 54:41, 58:01.
- Letters read on TWiV 807 1:02:55.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:24:28
Dickson – Ernie Kovaks-Nairobi Trio.
Brianne – XKCD Summarizes this Episode.
Rich – Texas Coronavirus Antibody REsponse Survey (CARES) (Dashboard).
Vincent – Elmer Pfefferkorn.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.