Jason McLellan joins TWiV to reveal all we know about the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, followed by Novavax and J&S phase 3 results and a discussion of variants of concern: neutralization by vaccine-induced antibodies, transmission, and virulence.
Links for This Episode
- Prefusion spike structure (Science) 3:27, 10:29.
- Neutralization of VOC by vaccine induced antibodies: Moderna and Pfizer 57:48.
- Novavax COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 results (Novavax) 1:15:41.
- J&J COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 results (J&J) 1:27:48.
- B.1.1.7 has been in the U.S. since November 2019 (virological.org) 1:37:27.
- NERVTAG report on B.1.1.7 virulence (PDF) 1:46:57.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:53:21
Dickson – Pandemic Pivot and Tuba Skinny.
Alan – Technological challenges in vaccine rollout.
Rich – I was lucky to find this vaccine anywhere.
Vincent – Lady Gaga's MIXED METER Star Spangled Banner?!
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.