The TWiVmeisters discuss how copy-back defective viral genomes might modulate the clinical outcome of respiratory syncytial virus infection, and detection of antibodies to henipa- and filo-like viruses in Trinidad bats.
Links for This Episode
- Vaccine education town halls (ASV) 1:59.
- RSV cpDVG may influence clinical outcome (Nat Micro) 5:06.
- Henipa- and filo-like viruses in Trinidad bats (J Inf Dis) 58:12.
- Nice image of cpDVG generation.
- Letters read on TWiV 750 1:12:01.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:41:52
Dickson – Olympus Image of the Year Award.
Alan – We need to improve the welfare of life science trainees.
Rich – Sheldrick Wildlife Trust; The Reteti Elephant Sanctuary.
Kathy – Aria Code Nessun dorma podcast.
Vincent – Covariants.
Justin – How Pfizer Makes Its Covid-19 Vaccine.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.