From the NIH campus (recorded February 2020) Vincent and Rich meet with Eugene Koonin to discuss his theories on the evolutionary origins of viruses.
Links for This Episode
- Virocentricity with Eugene Koonin (TWiV 275) 3:30.
- Origin of viruses (Nat Rev) 3:39.
- Multiple origins of capsid proteins from cells (PNAS) 15:08.
- Origins and evolution of global RNA virome (mBio) 52:45.
- Evolution of NCLDV of eukaryotes (Adv Virus Res) 1:19:05.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.