In this mid-week episode of Earth's Virology Podcast, we analyze SARS-CoV-2 transmission among youths at a summer camp, adaptation to mice by passage, the importance of T cells for recovery from COVID-19, and listener questions.
Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, Kathy Spindler and Brianne Barker.
Links for This Episode
- Travis County indicators dashboard.
- SARS-CoV-2 transmission at an overnight camp (MMWR).
- Adaptation of SARS-CoV-2 in mice (Science).
- Acute SARS-CoV-2 infection impairs DC and T cell responses (Imm).
- Boulder, Columbia, Illinois rapid saliva tests.
- Letter drafts for $1 testing.
- Letters read on TWiV 650.
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Kathy – BBC Witness History, Maurice Hilleman 9 minute audio (quotes by Paul Offit) "The fastest vaccine ever developed" and APOD Picture Rocks Sun Dagger.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Subscribe (free): iTunes, Google Podcasts, RSS, email.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.