Moriah and Joseph join the nearly complete TWiV team to discuss their work on genetic variation and adaptability in herpes simplex virus, and how rotavirus infection disrupts intracellular calcium homeostasis. Live streamed during the 2021 annual meeting of the American Society for Virology.
Links for This Episode
- Diversity of HSV2 in neonates (mSphere).
- Genome of HSV1 from multiple sites in one person (J Inf Dis).
- Rotavirus disrupts calcium homeostasis (mBio).
- Rotavirus protein activates calcium sensor (J Virol).
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson – Inside of Mars is not like Earth.
Brianne – AlphaFold.
Rich – Tesla motors.
Alan – Diving for antique beer.
Vincent – Dolly Parton Tried. But Tennessee Is Squandering a Miracle.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Become a patron of TWiV!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.