Announcing the 2021-2022 ASM Distinguished Lecturer RosterThe American Society for Microbiology has announced the ASM Distinguished Lecturer (ASMDL) Roster for 2021-2022. ASM congratulates all the new and returning Lecturers. The ASMDL Program annually selects a scientifically diverse group of lecturers who are available to speak at local ASM Branch meetings throughout the U.S. Lecturers are chosen through a competitive nomination process and only the most distinguished lecturers and researchers are chosen to participate in the program.
Included on the roster are 2 Waksman Foundation Lecturers, supported through funding from the Waksman Foundation for Microbiology, and selected for their expertise in antibiotics, translational research and/or environmental microbiology.
Since its founding over 55 years ago, the ASMDL program has been a mainstay of Branch programming, and has enhanced the scientific content available at the local level. The program reaches thousands of microbiologists, including students, every year and extends the reach and impact of ASM throughout the U.S.
2021-2022 ASM Distinguished Lecturer Roster:
- Esther Babady (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York)
- Isabelle Coppens (Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore)
- César de la Fuente, Waksman Foundation Lecturer (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia)
- Steve Diggle (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta)
- Dale Warren Griffin, Waksman Foundation Lecturer (United States Geological Survey, St. Petersburg, Fla.)
- Jay T. Lennon (Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.)
- Shannon D. Manning (Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.)
- Mark O. Martin (University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Wash.)
- Kimberlee Musser (Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, N.Y.)
- Carlos Javier Orihuela (The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ala.)
- Kim Orth (Howard Hughes Medical Institute and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas)
- Kristin N. Parent (Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.)
- Suresh D. Pillai (Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas)
- Benjamin Pinsky (Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.)
- Mecky Pohlschroder (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia)
- Georgiana Purdy (Oregon Health & Sciences University, Portland, Ore.)
View a list of topic areas covered by each individual Lecturer on the ASM website.