Why Invest in Next-Generation Sequencing?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC's) AMD program brings cutting edge technology to the front lines of public health by harnessing the power of next-generation sequencing and high performance computing with bioinformatics and epidemiology expertise to study pathogens.
What ASM Is Doing
In the News
- ASM and Partners Request $60M for AMD Program at CDC
- ASM Hails Game-Changing Investment in Genomic Surveillance Enacted in American Rescue Plan
- ASM and Stakeholders Endorse Tracking COVID-19 Variants Act
- The Hot Zone Meets the Genome: Staying Ahead of the Next Outbreak through Advanced Molecular Detection
Hear From Experts
The entire TWiV team assembles to discuss resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus, Brazil, discovery of SARS-CoV-2 related viruses in bats in Southeast Asia and increased Ct values after administration of mRNA vaccine.
- Search for articles about AMD in ASM Journals.
- ASM's COVID-19 Research Registry was designed for the scientific research community to serve as a trusted source for credible science about COVID-19 and coronaviruses, in general. Over 30,000 visitors have accessed the registry which includes a growing number of carefully-reviewed published and pre-print articles.