- Submission Process
- Fees, Deadlines, Eligibilty
- Affiliate Event Guidelines
- Types of Affiliate Events
Both Exhibitors and non-exhibitors are eligible to reserve ancillary meeting space for exhibitor staff meetings, focus groups, investigator meetings, receptions, and other events affiliated with ASM Microbe 2019.
- Step 1: Event Request Form
Submit the Event Request Form to make your space reservation. The application deadline to host an Affiliate Event is May 17, 2019.
- Step 2: Hotel Contact List
After processing your Event Request Form, an ASM staff member will provide the event organizer with a list of contacts at participating hotels for the organizer to discuss room availability.
- Step 3: ASM Approval Letter
After coming to an agreement with preferred hotel, event organizers must notify ASM of the property they selected. ASM will then send an approval letter to the hotel outlining the approved event details. ASM must receive payment for non-exhibitor events before an approval letter can be sent. ASM Microbe 2019 hotels have been instructed that they cannot host an event without an official approval letter from ASM.
- Step 4: Work Directly with Hotel
Applicants will work directly with hotel on all logistical details related to their event including AV, food and beverage, etc.
No Fee - Exhibitors
$500 One Day - Non-Exhibitor
(Non-profit organizations eligible for a 50% discount)
Application/Payment Deadline: May 17, 2019
Schedule: Thursday, June 20 - Monday, June 24
(Affiliate Events held during official scientific program hours are limited to 25 attendees. Affiliate Event space is only intended for single day use.)
Location: Affiliate Events will take place at contracted ASM Microbe 2019 hotels
Eligibility: Industry & Science Affiliate Event organizers are not required to exhibit at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Any event involving attendees and/or exhibitors hosted during ASM Microbe 2019 is considered an Affiliate Event and must be submitted for approval to ASM Strategic Alliances.
- No educational presentations are allowed at Affiliate Events including but not limited to: Alumni Meetings, Exhibitor Staff Meetings, Focus Groups, or Investigator Meetings.Affiliate Events scheduled during the official ASM Microbe 2019 education program hours may not exceed 25 attendees.
- Affiliate Event space is only intended for single day use. Any requests for space over multiple days will be considered a Business Lounge and will be required to pay applicable fees.
- If a social event is held without ASM’s approval, the sponsoring organization may lose priority placement points.
- No request for an Affiliated Event will be processed unless the Event Request Form is completed and applicable fees are paid
Types of Affiliate Events
Alumni organizations may hold internal committee meetings and alumni events during ASM Microbe 2019. Events that conflict with the ASM Microbe 2019 educational program must not exceed 25 attendees. Educational presentations are not allowed at Alumni Meetings. Please complete the Event Request Form to reserve space for your Alumni Meeting.
Focus groups gather qualitative market research from a group of no more than 15 participants or less of common demographics, attitudes, or purchase or prescribing patterns, who are led through a discussion of a particular topic by a trained moderator. Continuing medical education and list rentals are not available for this activity. Educational presentations are not allowed at Focus Group Meetings. Please complete the Event Request Form to reserve space for your focus group event.
Exhibitors may request permission to conduct an Investigator Meeting for 15 participants or less from their current employees or contractors to discuss the company’s current trials, investigations, and/or product(s). Investigator Meetings are not open to the public. Continuing medical education credits and list rentals are not available for this activity. Educational presentations are not allowed at Investigator Meetings. Please complete the Event Request Form to reserve space for your Investigator Meeting.
Exhibitor Staff Meetings
Meeting space requests for staff meetings must be submitted through ASM using the Event Request Form. Staff meeting pace is limited to the employed staff of the exhibiting company and are not open to the public or ASM Microbe2019 attendees. All meetings taking place during official ASM Microbe 2019 educational program hours are limited to 25 attendees. If requesting space for exhibitor staff use, a letter must accompany the form stating “only employees of the exhibiting company or organization will be in attendance, and that no registered attendees will be participating in functions in this meeting space.” If you are requesting meeting space for another purpose(i.e., advisory council, committee meeting, etc.), please make sure that the exact name or purpose of the meeting is identified on the Event Request Form under “Title of Affiliate Event.” Continuing medical education and list rentals are not available for Exhibitor Staff Meetings.