- Submission Process
- Fees, Deadlines, Eligibilty
- Evening Event Benefits
- Evening Event Guidelines
- Promotional/Marketing Guidelines
- Speaker Information
- Signage/Flyer Distribution
- Limitation of Liability
- Payment/Cancellation Policy
Industry & Science Evening Events provide companies with the opportunity to design customized events for ASM Microbe attendees that best align will their goals and objectives. Activities may include, but are not limited to, independent non-commercial scientific sessions like Satellite Symposia, non-educational receptions or a combination of the two.
ASM will no longer restrict the format of Industry & Science Evening Events. In addition to the new open format model, ASM will also promote the details of each event in the Industry & Science Guide, meeting website and meeting event app.
- Step 1: Event Request Form
Submit the Event Request Form to make your space reservation. Payment is required along with the completed Event Request Form in order for ASM to process applications. Forms submitted without payment will not be processed until payment is received by ASM. (See Payment/Cancellation Policies)
- Step 2: Confirmed Program Form
After processing your Event Request Form, a member of ASM’s Strategic Alliances Department will email you the Confirmed Program Form to provide the specific details for your activity.
Confirmed Program Forms are due by April 26, 2019. Failure to submit the completed Confirmed Program Form by the deadline may affect the status of your program at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Step 3: Approval Letter
ASM will send space confirmations and additional details for you to plan your event.
Fees: $10,500 (Exhibitors); $12,500 (Non-Exhibitors)
Application/Payment Deadline: April 26, 2019
Friday, June 21 (After 6:00 p.m.)
Saturday, June 22 (After 7:15 p.m.)
Sunday, June 23 (After 6:00p.m.)
Location: Industry & Science Evening Events can be held at a location of the organizers choosing. Space at the convention center or affiliated hotels must be secured through ASM.
Eligibility: Industry & Science Evening Event organizers are not required to exhibit at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Session room at an ASM Microbe 2019 affiliated hotel or the Moscone Center.
- Basic audio visual setup to include screen, projector, presentation computer, head table microphone, podium microphone, and audience microphone.
- One 6 ft. table with 2 chairs set outside of the room.
- Placement of one promotional sign (up to 38” x 87”) to be placed outside of the room where event is taking place. Sign must be designed and printed by organizer. Easel will be provided by ASM.
- Lead retrieval machine provided by ASM’s official registration vendor, Experient.
- Full event description in the meeting website and meeting event app.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Final Program’s chronological listing of events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the dedicated pre-meeting attendee email promoting Industry & Science Events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the on-site attendee email delivered the morning of your scheduled event.
- ASM Microbe 2019 attendee mailing or reference list. Attendee reference lists do not provide direct mailing information.
- Opportunity to distribute branded materials to each participant entering the room.
- Any event being held at ASM Microbe 2019 that involves an educational component and/or meeting attendees/exhibitors must be submitted for approval by ASM Strategic Alliances.
- Industry & Science Evening Events may only be held during designated days and times. If an event is held without ASM’s approval, the sponsoring organization will be charged the applicable fee for the appropriate event and may lose priority placement points.
- No requests for Industry & Science Evening Events will be processed unless the appropriate fees have been received by ASM Strategic Alliances by the deadline specified.
- In order to help maximize the experience for sponsoring organizations and attendees, ASM reserves the right to limit competing topics/products in concurrent time slots. Although ASM will attempt to accommodate requests for specific time slots, no guarantees can be made that a company will be assigned the specific time slot requested.
- All educational content being presented at Industry & Science Evening Events must be submitted and approved by ASM.
- Industry & Science Evening Event organizers may not deny ASM Microbe 2019 attendees access to their event (except due to space limitations). Sponsored events must be open to all professional registrants.
- Companies may conduct their own Industry & Science Evening Events or may employ a medical educational company to organize the program and logistics. ASM does not provide accreditation for Industry & Science Evening Events. If an activity is being coordinated by a third party organization, a Letter of Appointment must be completed and received by ASM when the application is submitted.
- All Industry & Science Evening Events that include educational presentations must meet the standards and integrity of the meeting and must be approved by ASM. Presentations may not duplicate topics being presented at official ASM Microbe 2019 symposia, workshops, slide, or poster sessions. The official program will be available for viewing online.
- For Industry & Science Evening Events offering continuing education, it is the responsibility of the organizer to comply with guidelines and ensure that proper disclosure is provided to the audience regarding any industry-related financial ties of the faculty and any off-label uses of products discussed.
- All aspects of an Industry & Science Evening Event must take place inside the assigned room.
- ASM recommends that a snack or meal is served during Industry & Science Evening Events. Organizers are responsible for working directly with the convention center or the hotel caterer to arrange for food and beverage service. The additional cost for serving food and beverages is the responsibility of the organizer and will not be billed to ASM.
All announcements and invitations should clearly indicate the name(s) of the sponsoring organization and the source of financial support for the event. The materials in no manner may imply, either directly or indirectly, that the program is a part of, or an official activity of ASM Microbe 2019. Uses of the ASM logo, name, seal, or the ASM Microbe 2019 conference logo are not permitted in any form. When identifying the meeting on your printed promotional materials, please list as “ASM Microbe 2019”. Please do not spell out the ASM acronym.
Examples of an approved statement:
Join us for the Brown & Lee Diagnostics Industry & Science Evening Event at ASM Microbe 2019…..
All marketing and promotional materials for Industry & Science Evening Events must include the following statement:
This event is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the American Society for Microbiology.
ASM Strategic Alliances must approve, prior to printing, all promotional announcements, invitations, and all materials intended for distribution to ASM Microbe 2019 attendees. In addition, all advertisements must be approved in order to participate in any of the ASM Microbe 2019 marketing opportunities.
All speakers and attendees participating in Industry & Science Evening Events at the Convention Center must be wearing an official ASM Microbe 2019 badge or obtain a session pass from the onsite registration desk. Organizations coordinating the Industry & Science Evening Events are responsible for ensuring all speakers and attendees are badged in advance of the session. Program Committee members are not permitted to speak at Industry & Science Evening Events.
Sponsoring organizations may produce one professional sign, not to exceed 38”x 87,” that may be displayed outside the assigned Industry & Science Evening Event room. ASM Microbe 2019 does not permit the distribution or placement of presentation flyers or signs in any other area of the convention center, shuttle buses, or ASM Microbe 2019 hotels. ASM reserves the right to remove and discard signs and flyers of any organization violating this policy.
ASM has selected PSAV, as our exclusive audiovisual provider and requires all Industry & Science Evening Events taking place at the Moscone Center to use PSAV for all additional audio visual requirements or needs. Contact information for PSAV can be found in your space confirmation letter. Industry & Science Evening Events taking place at alternate locations may have another AV contact depending on property.
Limitation of Liability
ASM and the Moscone Center will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever arising, which may occur to an organizer or their contractors and/or its agents in connection with an Industry & Science Evening Event. The organizer expressly releases ASM and the Moscone Center from any and all claims, injury or damage arising from the content, behaviors or other activities related to the Industry & Science Evening Event.
See Payment/Cancellation Policy for complete details.