- Submission Process
- Fees, Deadlines, Eligibilty
- Showcase Benefits
- Showcase Guidelines
- Promotional/Marketing Guidelines
- Speaker Information
- Signage/Flyer Distribution
- Limitation of Liability
- Payment/Cancellation Policy
Industry & Science Showcases are promotional presentations intended to educate attendees on specific products and services. All presentations are 45-minutes and take place in an enclosed modular theater on the Exhibit Hall floor during unopposed Exhibit Hall hours.
- Step 1: Event Request Form
Submit the Event Request Form to make your space reservation. Payment is required along with the completed Event Request Form in order for ASM to process applications. Forms submitted without payment will not be processed until payment is received by ASM. (See Payment/Cancellation Policies)
- Step 2: Confirmed Program Form
- After processing your Event Request Form, a member of ASM’s Strategic Alliances Department will email you the Confirmed Program Form to provide the specific details for your activity.
- Confirmed Program Forms are due by April 26, 2019. Failure to submit the completed Confirmed Program Form by the deadline may affect the status of your program at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Step 3: Approval Letter
ASM will send space confirmations and additional details for you to plan your event.
Fee: $7,500 per Showcase
Application/Payment Deadline: April 26, 2019
Friday, June 21 (11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.; 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.; 1:00p.m. – 1:45 p.m.)
Saturday, June 22 (11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.; 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.; 1:00pm – 1:45 p.m.)
Sunday, June 23 (11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.; 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.; 1:00pm – 1:45 p.m.)
Location: All Industry & Science Showcases will take place in one of the two theaters in the Exhibit and Poster Hall.
Eligibility: Industry & Science Showcase organizers are required to exhibit at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Enclosed theater with 8’ hard walls and basic carpeting throughout.
- A standard theater setup with seating for 100 attendees.
- Low riser with a standing lectern and head table for three, with chairs and wired podium microphone.
- Standard AV equipment including laptop, LCD projector, screen sized appropriately for the room, sound system, and an extension cord. Computer for session use will be the responsibility of the supporting company.
- Additional equipment may be added to the existing AV set at the organizer’s expense, if it does not affect the preceding presentation.
- Lead retrieval machine provided by ASM’s official registration and housing vendor, Experient.
- Full event description in the meeting website and meeting event app.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Industry & Science Showcase schedule placed on the outside of the theater for the duration of the meeting.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Final Program’s chronological listing of events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the dedicated pre-meeting attendee email promoting Industry & Science Events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the on-site attendee email delivered the morning of your scheduled event.
- ASM Microbe 2019 attendee mailing or reference list. Attendee reference lists do not provide direct mailing information.
- Opportunity to distribute branded materials to each participant entering the theater.
- Showcase presentations should be promotional in nature and are not eligible for continuing education credits.
- Requests for an Industry & Science Showcase will not be processed unless the appropriate fees have been received by ASM Strategic Alliances by the deadline specified.
- All product and promotional presentations must take place in the enclosed modular theater inside the Exhibit Hall. ASM reserves the right to alter the location of the theater on the official floor plan if deemed to be in the best interest of the ASM Microbe 2019 Exhibit Hall.
- The sponsoring organization may not assign, sublet, share, or exchange all or any part of their Industry & Science Showcase time slot with or to another organization or business unless prior written consent has been obtained from ASM.
- The individual acting as an agent of the sponsoring organization, agrees to be bound by any and all conditions and regulations. The individual accepts responsibility for informing all of the employees, speaker(s), supporters, and activity organizers of these conditions and for ensuring that they will abide by them fully. This individual further accepts responsibility for penalties, which may be accessed upon violation of these conditions, as well as understands the implications associated with the cancellation of the event.
- The Industry & Science Showcase will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to help maximize the experience for the sponsoring organizations and attendees, ASM reserves the right to limit competing topics/products in concurrent time slots.
- ASM has a limited food and beverage menu that can be offered during your Industry & Science Showcase. ASM recommends that you provide catering; options are limited to a box lunch or light snack during your Showcase. Organizers are responsible for working directly with the convention center to arrange for food and beverage service. The additional cost for serving food and beverages is the responsibility of the organizer and will not be billed to ASM. No alcohol is allowed on show floor apart from ASM Management activities such as Happy Hour.
All announcements and invitations should clearly indicate the sponsoring organization. The materials in no manner may imply, either directly or indirectly, that the program is a part of, or an official activity of ASM Microbe 2019. Uses of the ASM logo, name, seal, or the ASM Microbe 2019 conference logo are not permitted in any form. When identifying the meeting on your printed promotional materials, please list as “ASM Microbe 2019”. Please do not spell out the ASM acronym.
Examples of an approved statement:
Join us for the Brown & Lee Diagnostics Industry & Science Showcase at ASM Microbe 2019…..
All marketing and promotional materials for a Showcase must include the following statement:
This Industry & Science Showcase is a promotional activity and is not approved for continuing education credit. The content of this presentation and opinions expressed by presenters are those of the organizer or presenters and not of ASM.
ASM Strategic Alliances must approve, prior to printing, all promotional announcements, invitations, and all materials intended for distribution to ASM Microbe 2019 attendees. In addition, all advertisements must be approved in order to participate in any of the ASM Microbe 2019 marketing opportunities.
All speakers and moderators for the Industry & Science Showcase must be registered as an attendee or exhibit staff for ASM Microbe 2019 and must be wearing their official ASM Microbe 2019 badges in order to be admitted to the Exhibit Hall. The organization coordinating the Industry & Science Showcase is responsible for ensuring all speakers and moderators are registered and badged in advance of the session. Program Committee members are not permitted to speak at Industry & Science Showcases.
The Showcase schedule will be placed outside of each theater for the duration of the meeting. ASM Microbe 2019 does not permit the distribution or placement of presentation flyers or signs in any other area of the Exhibit Hall, convention center, shuttle buses, or ASM Microbe 2019 hotels. ASM Microbe 2019 reserves the right to remove and discard signs and flyers of any organization violating this policy.
Limitation of Liability
ASM and the Moscone Center will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever arising, which may occur to an organizer or their contractors and/or its agents in connection with an Industry & Science Showcase. The organizer expressly releases ASM and the Moscone Center from any and all claims, injury or damage arising from the content, behaviors or other activities related to the Industry & Science Showcase.
See Payment/Cancellation Policy for complete details.