- Submission Process
- Fees, Deadlines, Eligibilty
- Tech Talk Benefits
- Tech Talk Guidelines
- Promotional/Marketing Guidelines
- Speaker Information
- Signage/Flyer Distribution
- Limitation of Liability
- Payment/Cancellation Policy
Industry & Science Tech Talks are 15-minute presentations that take place in ASM Microbe’s all new Innovation Zone on the Exhibit Hall Floor. Presentations are intended to educate attendees on new technology and/or products in a company’s pipeline. Each company will be given 10-minutes for their presentations, followed by 5-minutes for Q&A.
- Step 1: Event Request Form
Submit the Event Request Form to make your space reservation. Payment is required along with the completed Event Request Form in order for ASM to process applications. Forms submitted without payment will not be processed until payment is received by ASM. (See Payment/Cancellation Policies)
- Step 2: Confirmed Program Form
- After processing your Event Request Form, a member of ASM’s Strategic Alliances Department will email you the Confirmed Program Form to provide the specific details for your activity.
- Confirmed Program Forms are due by April 26, 2019. Failure to submit the completed Confirmed Program Form by the deadline may affect the status of your program at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Step 3: Approval Letter
ASM will send space confirmations and additional details for you to plan your event.
Fee: $500 per Tech Talk
Application/Payment Deadline: April 26, 2019
Friday, June 21 (11:00 a.m. – 1:20 p.m. ; 4:20 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Saturday, June 22 (11:00 a.m. – 1:20 p.m. ; 4:20 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Sunday, June 23 (11:00 a.m. – 1:20 p.m.)
Location: All Industry & Science Tech Talks will take place on the Innovation Zone’s presentation stage.
Eligibility: Industry & Science Tech Talk organizers are not required to exhibit at ASM Microbe 2019.
The following is included with your Industry & Science Tech Talk fee:
- Presentation stage located in the Innovation Zone.
- Microphone and sound system.
- Full event description in the meeting website and meeting event app.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Industry & Science Tech Talk schedule placed by the stage for the duration of the meeting.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Final Program’s chronological listing of events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the dedicated pre-meeting attendee email promoting Industry & Science Events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the on-site attendee email delivered the morning of your scheduled event.
- Tech Talk presentations are not eligible for continuing education credits.
- No request for an Industry & Science Tech Talk will be processed unless the appropriate fees have been received by ASM Strategic Alliances by the deadline specified.
- All product and promotional presentations must take place in the Innovation Zone presentation stage inside the Exhibit Hall. ASM reserves the right to alter the location of the stage on the official floor plan if deemed to be in the best interest of the ASM Microbe 2019 Exhibit Hall.
- The sponsoring organization may not assign, sublet, share, or exchange all or any part of their Industry & Science Tech Talk time slot with or to another organization or business unless prior written consent has been obtained from ASM.
- The individual acting as an agent of the sponsoring organization, agrees to be bound by any and all conditions and regulations. The individual accepts responsibility for informing all of the employees, speaker(s), supporters, and activity organizers of these conditions and for ensuring that they will abide by them fully. This individual further accepts responsibility for penalties, which may be accessed upon violation of these conditions, as well as understands the implications associated with the cancellation of the event.
All announcements and invitations should clearly indicate the sponsoring organization. The materials in no manner may imply, either directly or indirectly, that the program is a part of, or an official activity of ASM Microbe 2019. Uses of the ASM logo, name, seal, or the ASM Microbe 2019 conference logo are not permitted in any form. When identifying the meeting on your printed promotional materials, please list as “ASM Microbe 2019”. Please do not spell out the ASM acronym.
Examples of an approved statement:
Join us for the Brown & Lee Diagnostics Industry & Science Tech Talk at ASM Microbe 2019…..
All marketing and promotional materials for a Showcase must include the following statement:
This Industry & Science Tech Talk is a promotional activity and is not approved for continuing education credit. The content of this presentation and opinions expressed by presenters are those of the organizer or presenters and not of ASM.
ASM Strategic Alliances must approve, prior to printing, all promotional announcements, invitations, and all materials intended for distribution to ASM Microbe 2019 attendees. In addition, all advertisements must be approved in order to participate in any of the ASM Microbe 2019 marketing opportunities.
All speakers for the Industry & Science Tech Talks must be registered as an attendee or exhibit staff for ASM Microbe 2019 and must be wearing their official ASM Microbe 2019 badges in order to be admitted to the Exhibit Hall. The organization coordinating the Industry & Science Tech Talk is responsible for ensuring all speakers are registered and badged in advance of the session. Program Committee members are not permitted to speak at Industry & Science Tech Talks.
The Tech Talk schedule will be placed outside of each theater for the duration of the meeting. ASM Microbe 2019 does not permit the distribution or placement of presentation flyers or signs in any other area of the Exhibit Hall, convention center, shuttle buses, or ASM Microbe 2019 hotels, with the exception of the sponsoring organizations booth space. ASM Microbe 2019 reserves the right to remove and discard signs and flyers of any organization violating this policy.
Limitation of Liability
ASM and the Moscone Center will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever arising, which may occur to an organizer or their contractors and/or its agents in connection with an Industry & Science Tech Talk. The organizer expressly releases ASM and the Moscone Center from any and all claims, injury or damage arising from the content, behaviors or other activities related to the Industry & Science Tech Talk.
See Payment/Cancellation Policy for complete details.