Terms & Conditions
- All advertisements are subject to approval by ASM.
- Circulation is based on projected attendance at the time of rate card printing. The advertiser is responsible for sending the correct number of pieces. ASM will not be responsible for shortages due to an incorrect number of pieces being received.
- Penalties apply for non-compliance with the shipping instructions or failure to fully complete shipping label provided. A minimum $500 late fee will be charged for materials received after the specified due date.
- For opportunities that require the support of multiple companies, ASM reserves the right to cancel any publication or service in the event of revenue short falls. ASM shall refund monies paid for participation in the publications or service. ASM is not obligated to offer or replace the canceled publication or service with any other advertising vehicle.
- Right of First Refusal - Advertisements labeled as Right of First Refusal eligible are temporarily reserved until the previous year’s sponsor notifies ASM of the status of their renewal. Advertisers will have until January 7th to renew eligible advertisements. As of January 8th, all non-renewed opportunities will be available to all exhibitors.
Payments and Cancellation Policies
Support and Advertising Cancellations
No agency commission or cash discounts permitted. Payments are due by the deadline specified on the invoice. If payment is not received by specified date, advertiser or organizer will lose reservation. ASM reserves the right to resell opportunities where payment is not received by the payment deadline.
Before March 31, 2019:
Advertisers will have 30-day from receipt of payment to cancel reservations and receive a full refund. If the advertiser decides to cancel the event after the 30-day period, a 25% processing fee will be applied.
After March 31, 2019:
No refunds will be granted for cancelled advertisements. ASM will work with advertisers to reallocate cancelled fees to other advertising opportunities. Fees cannot be transferred to exhibit booth costs or activities. ASM reserves the right to resell advertising space from cancelled reservations.
Industry & Science Events
If the Industry & Science Event requires a fee, the fee MUST be submitted with Event Request Form in order for the application to be deemed complete. Applications submitted without payment will not be processed until payment is received.
Before May 15, 2019:
Industry & Science Workshop organizers will have 30-days from receipt of payment to cancel reservations and receive a full refund. If the event organizer decides to cancel the event after the 30-day period, a 25% processing fee will be applied.
After May 15, 2019:
No refunds will be granted for cancelled Industry & Science Events. ASM will work with event organizers to reallocate cancelled fees to other advertising or event opportunities. Fees cannot be transferred to exhibit booth costs or activities. ASM reserves the right to resell space from cancelled reservations.
Payments may be made via check, credit cards, or wire transfers. All checks should be made payable to the American Society for Microbiology. Please include your invoice number on your check.
Exhibitors can make credit card payments through the Exhibitor Portal. Please contact Jennifer Costello (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Mail checks to:
American Society for Microbiology
1752 N St, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Please carefully note all cancellation deadlines. ASM is not able to negotiate or modify the cancellation policies.