- Submission Process
- Fees, Deadlines, Eligibilty
- Workshop Benefits
- Workshop Guidelines
- Promotional/Marketing Guidelines
- Speaker Information
- Signage/Flyer Distribution
- Limitation of Liability
- Payment/Cancellation Policy
Industry & Science Workshops offer the opportunity for attendees to learn about the latest product developments from company representatives during this 45 minute presentation. All workshops will take place at the Moscone Center, on Thursday prior to the opening session.
- Step 1: Event Request Form
Submit the Event Request Form to make your space reservation. Payment is required along with the completed Event Request Form in order for ASM to process applications. Forms submitted without payment will not be processed until payment is received by ASM. (See Payment/Cancellation Policies)
- Step 2: Confirmed Program Form
- After processing your Event Request Form, a member of ASM’s Strategic Alliances Department will email you the Confirmed Program Form to provide the specific details for your activity.
- Confirmed Program Forms are due by April 26, 2019. Failure to submit the completed Confirmed Program Form by the deadline may affect the status of your program at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Step 3: Approval Letter
ASM will send space confirmations and additional details for you to plan your event.
Fee: $5,500 (Exhibitor); $6,500 (Non-Exhibitors)
Application/Payment Deadline: April 26, 2019
Schedule: Thursday, June 20 (10:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.)
Each presentation is 45 minutes, starting on the hour. Companies have the opportunity to purchase multiple products throughout the day.
Location: All Industry & Science Workshops will be held at the Moscone Center.
Eligibility: Industry & Science Workshop organizers are not required to exhibit at ASM Microbe 2019.
- Session room at either the Moscone Center with a classroom setup for up to 100 attendees with head table & podium on a riser.
- Basic audio visual setup to include screen, projector, presentation computer, head table microphone, podium microphone, and audience microphone.
- One 6 ft. table with 2 chairs set outside of the room.
- Lead retrieval machine provided by ASM’s official registration vendor, Experient.
- Placement of one promotional sign (up to 38” x 87”) to be placed outside of the room where event is taking place. Sign must be designed and printed by organizer.
- Full event description in the meeting website and meeting event app.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the Final Program’s chronological listing of events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the dedicated pre-meeting attendee email promoting Industry & Science Events.
- Session title and organizer recognition in the on-site attendee email delivered the morning of your scheduled event.
- ASM Microbe 2019 attendee mailing or reference list. Attendee reference lists do not provide direct mailing information.
- Opportunity to distribute branded materials to each participant entering the room.
- Companies may purchase up to four 45-minute workshops. Workshops can run consecutively or may be placed at various times throughout the designated time frame.
- Industry & Science Workshops may only be held during restricted times listed.
- Industry & Science Workshop presentations are eligible for continuing education credits. Companies may conduct their own Industry & Science Workshop or may employ a medical education company to organize the program and logistics. If an activity is being coordinated by a third party organization, a Letter of Appointment must be completed and received by ASM when the application is submitted.
- No requests for Industry & Science Workshops will be processed unless the appropriate fees have been received by ASM Strategic Alliances by the deadline specified.
- Industry & Science Workshops organizers may not deny ASM Microbe 2019 attendees access to their event (except due to space limitations). Sponsored events must be open to all professional registrants.
- All Industry & Science Workshops must meet the standards and integrity of the meeting and must be approved by ASM. Presentations may not duplicate topics being presented at official ASM Microbe 2019 symposium, workshops, slide, or poster sessions. The official program will be available for viewing online.
- All aspects of an Industry & Science Workshop must take place inside the assigned room.
- To facilitate attendance, ASM recommends that a snack or meal is served during your Industry & Science Workshops. Organizers are responsible for working directly with the convention center to arrange for food and beverage service. The additional cost for serving food and beverages is the responsibility of the organizer and will not be billed to ASM.
Promotional/Marketing GuidelinesAll announcements and invitations related to Industry & Science Workshops should clearly indicate the sponsoring organization. The materials in no manner may imply, either directly or indirectly, that the program is a part of, or an official activity of ASM Microbe 2019. Uses of the ASM logo, name, seal, or the ASM Microbe 2019 conference logo are not permitted in any form. When identifying the meeting on your printed promotional materials, please list as “ASM Microbe 2019”. Please do not spell out the ASM acronym.
Examples of approved statements:
Join us for the Brown & Lee Diagnostics Industry & Science Workshop at ASM Microbe 2019…..
All marketing and promotional materials for workshop presentations must include the following statement:
This event is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the American Society for Microbiology.
ASM Strategic Alliances must approve, prior to printing, all promotional announcements, invitations, and all materials intended for distribution to ASM Microbe 2019 attendees. In addition, all advertisements must be approved in order to participate in any of the ASM Microbe 2019 marketing opportunities.
All speakers and moderators participating in Industry & Science Workshops must be wearing an official ASM Microbe 2019 badge or obtain a session pass from the onsite registration desk. Organizations coordinating the Industry & Science Workshops are responsible for ensuring all speakers and moderators are badged in advance of the session. Program Committee members are not permitted to speak at Industry & Science Workshops.
Sponsoring organizations may produce one professional sign, not to exceed 38”x 87,” that may be displayed outside the assigned Industry & Science Workshop room. ASM Microbe 2019 does not permit the distribution or placement of presentation flyers or signs in any other area of the convention center, shuttle buses, or ASM Microbe 2019 hotels. ASM reserves the right to remove and discard signs and flyers of any organization violating this policy.
ASM has selected PSAV, as our exclusive audiovisual provider and requires all Industry & Science Workshop organizers to use PSAV for all additional audio visual requirements or needs. Contact information for PSAV can be found in your space confirmation letter.
Limitation of Liability
ASM and the Moscone Center will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever arising, which may occur to an organizer or their contractors and/or its agents in connection with an Industry & Science Workshop. The organizer expressly releases ASM and the Moscone Center from any and all claims, injury or damage arising from the content, behaviors or other activities related to the Industry & Science Workshop.
See Payment/Cancellation Policy for complete details.