Sponsored by ASM and determined by the ASM Microbe Program Committee, this award recognizes outstanding abstracts submitted by Ph.D.s and M.D.s enrolled in an ID fellowship program advancing research in 1 of the ASM Microbe 8 core scientific tracks.
Recipients will receive $1,000 USD travel support award with complimentary meeting registration to ASM Microbe.
To qualify for consideration, the applicant must be:
- A current ASM member at the time of ASM Microbe.
- A Ph.D. or M.D. enrolled in an ID Fellowship Program at the time of application.
- Not previously a recipient of the award within the last 2 years.
- A presenting author on an accepted abstract to ASM Microbe.
Please Note: Applications are to be submitted prior to knowing whether your abstract has been accepted for ASM Microbe.
Submission Requirements To Be Considered For a Travel Award
- Abstract must be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including research, teaching, outreach and funding information provided.
- Letter of nomination written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer or director of the department provided.
- Note: CV, letter of nomination and any additional documentation must be combined into 1 uploaded document (PDF preferred).
General abstract submissions and travel awards close Jan. 23, 2024, 12 p.m. ET.