Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The travel award program was created for scientists from low and low-middle income countries to attend ASM Microbe.
A subcommittee from the program committee will review and accept abstract submissions from scientists in low and low-middle income countries who would otherwise be unable to attend the meeting because they would not be able to raise the funds necessary for travel expenses. Many of these individuals are working in areas that have a high-burden of disease and would benefit greatly from the scientific content presented at the meeting, as well as gain significant value from networking with their colleagues from around the world.
Program DetailsRecipients will receive support for travel expenses (ASM Microbe registration, coach airfare, ground transportation to and from the airport, hotel expenses and meals) for the length of ASM Microbe.
EligibilityTo qualify for consideration, the applicant must be the following:
- A current ASM member by the time of ASM Microbe.
- A resident of a low-income or low-middle-income country, as defined by the World Bank.
- A presenting author on an accepted abstract to ASM Microbe.
Submission Requirements To Be Considered For a Travel Award
- Abstract must be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including research, teaching, outreach and funding information provided.
- Letter of nomination written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer or director of the department provided.
- Note: CV, letter of nomination and any additional documentation must be combined into 1 uploaded document (PDF preferred).