Students, postdoctoral fellows and technologists who submit abstracts for the ASM Clinical Virology Symposium are eligible for travel awards. ASM offers 5 awards in honor of the following outstanding scientists:
- Dr. Mario Escobar | Amount: $1,500.
- Dr. Herman Friedman | Amount: $1,500.
- Dr. Edith Hsuing | Amount: $1,500.
- Dr. Edwin Lennette | Amount: $1,500.
- Dr. Marilyn A. Menegus | Amount: $1,000: The Menegus Travel Award will be presented to a postdoctoral fellow to expand their education and gain valuable experience by presenting a 10-minute talk to the ASM CVS audience.
Program DetailsThe ASM CVS Program Committee selects travel awardees based on the scientific quality of the submitted abstracts. Funding from this award is meant only to defray costs for the meeting. Therefore, abstract submitters may need to obtain additional funding from other sources. Awardees must be ASM members.
- Students and early-career scientists who submit an abstract for the 2023 ASM Clinical Virology Symposium.
- Menegus Award: Postdoctoral fellows enrolled in an ASM CPEP program at the time of application and who are the presenting authors of an abstract submitted to ASM CVS.
- Awardees must be ASM members.