The FEMS-ASM Award supports one member from each organization to present their research at the other organization’s main conference. It has been designed to benefit early-career scientists from both organizations by giving them the opportunity to present their work overseas and experience the best of microbiology in the partner country.
Program DetailsThe FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell is worth up to $5,000 US for ASM members travelling to the FEMS2019 congress, supporting travel and living costs of the grantee only.
ASM members who register for the upcoming FEMS Congress can apply for the Award as soon as abstract submission opens on the Congress website.
EligibilityAn early career scientist eligible for the FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award should:
- Be a current ASM member (please provide the ID number).
- Be an early-career scientist (either with a Ph.D. obtained within the past 5 years or a current Ph.D. student).
- Be the first author of an accepted abstract.
ApplyTo be considered for the FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award, an ASM member should indicate the interest during the abstract submission process and send the following documents before 15 January 2019 to the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name and ASM Membership number.
- CV including list of publications.
- Signed endorsement letter from your supervisor.