The ASM-FEMS award supports one member from each organization to present their research at the other organization’s main conference. It has been designed to benefit early-career scientists from both organizations by giving them the opportunity to present their work overseas and experience the best of microbiology in the partner country.
Program DetailsThe ASM-FEMS Mäkelä-Cassell is worth up to $4,000 USD for FEMS members traveling to the ASM Microbe 2020, supporting travel and living costs of the grantee only.
EligibilityAn early career scientist eligible for the ASM-FEMS Mäkelä-Cassell Award should:
- Be a current member of a FEMS full Member Society (please provide the ID number).
- Be an early-career scientist (either with a Ph.D. obtained within the past 5 years or a current Ph.D. student).
- Be the first author of an accepted abstract.
- Submit an abstract and travel award application via the abstract submission site.
- Include the following documents when submitting:
- Name and ASM Membership number
- CV, including list of publications
- Signed endorsement form