This travel award recognizes outstanding research accomplishment and potential of women scientists in Armenia, Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, the Republic of Croatia, Romania, Russia, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. The award provides an opportunity to meet new colleagues, network and present research at ASM Microbe 2024.
The award is an endowment, which honors the contributions of Dr. Morrison Rogosa to bacteriology and to ASM.
Program DetailsThe awardee will be offered $3,000 to fund the travel to ASM Microbe 2024 and the cost of meeting registration. If the cost of the travel and registration is under $3,000, the remaining funds may be used to cover other expenses related to meeting attendance.
EligibilityTo qualify for consideration the applicant must be:
- A current ASM member at the time of ASM Microbe 2024.
- A presenting author on an accepted abstract to ASM Microbe. Please Note: Applications are to be submitted prior to knowing whether your abstract has been accepted for ASM Microbe.
- A woman scientist holding a doctorate degree.
- Currently performing work in microbiology in one of the aforementioned countries.
- Preference will be given to those working in bacteriology, but women in other fields are also eligible.
Submission Requirements To Be Considered For a Travel Award
- Abstract must be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including research, teaching, outreach and funding information provided.
- Letter of nomination written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer or director of the department provided.
- Note: CV, letter of nomination and any additional documentation must be combined into 1 uploaded document (PDF preferred).