This award provides support for students attending ASM Microbe. Each awardee will present a poster in addition to being invited to give a short presentation of the abstract during the meeting. Only 1 travel award will be granted per laboratory.
Program DetailsRecipients will recieve $500 USD travel support award with complimentary meeting registration to ASM Microbe.
EligibilityTo qualify for consideration the applicant must be:
- A current ASM member at the time of ASM Microbe.
- An undergraduate or predoctoral student; Ph.D. or M.D. within 2 years of graduation at the time of the meeting; or an M.D. in a residency or fellowship program within 6 years of receipt of the M.D. degree at the time of the meeting.
- Not previously a recipient of the award within the last 2 years.
- A presenting author on an accepted abstract in the area of microbial pathogenesis to ASM Microbe.
Submission Requirements To Be Considered For a Travel Award
- Abstract must be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) including research, teaching, outreach and funding information provided.
- Letter of nomination written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer or director of the department provided.
- Note: CV, letter of nomination and any additional documentation must be combined into 1 uploaded document (PDF preferred).