Session 1 (originally scheduled for July 27) has been cancelled. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer your registration to the Sept. session.
This series provides participants the opportunity to learn about a current topic of interest to undergraduate STEM educators and then engage in a dialogue with colleagues to share ideas and learn from one another. The session will include a brief overview of a topic, an interactive portion for participants to get feedback on their ideas and a summary/debrief of the topic. For each topic, a “resource” document will be shared. While the format of this series is a hybrid of the highly popular "Teaching Undergraduate Biology" (webinar series presented Jan. 2020 – April 2021) and "Microedu Live!" discussions (webinar series March 2020 – April 2021), the content is all new! This series will help faculty implement new teaching strategies learning during the COVID-19 pandemic to prepare for returning to the classroom in fall 2021 and beyond.
Webinar Series Learning GoalsAt the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to do the following:
- Identify new teaching strategies and approaches for your classroom.
- Adapt online and remote teaching practices from the COVID-19 pandemic to new hybrid or in-person modalities.
- Design courses and learning experiences that promote equity.
- Better respond to your students’ emotional well-being.
- Feel better prepared for the upcoming fall 2021 term and beyond.
- Live events will include short presentations, focused discussions, group work and large group discussions.
- There will be opportunities for discussion and further learning with course participants outside the live events.
- Attendees will receive a link to the recording (excluding any breakout room activities) after the live event. The recording will be available until Dec. 31, 2021.
University of California Los Angeles
Kingsborough Community College
University of North Georgia
Pima Community College
EligibilityThis webinar is open to undergraduate educators:
- In the biological sciences, at any career stage.
- Have a general working knowledge of evidence-based practices and active learning. Completion of ASM’s Teaching Undergraduate Biology webinar series satisfies this requirement.
- ASM members (at any level except supporting): $100 for the 6-week series
- Non-members (non-members or ASM supporting members): $200 for the 6-week series
- No refunds will be given. All registrants will receive links to the recordings.