This activity is free to ASM members. Join or renew now!
Urine Culture Stewardship—Oct. 12, 2021
- Sapozhnikov, J., Huang, A., Revolinski, S., Ledeboer, N. A., & Buchan, B. W. (2021). Impact of an Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Pharmacist During Microbiology Rounds. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 155(3), 455–460. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcp/aqaa132.
- Watson, K. J., Trautner, B., Russo, H., Phe, K., Lasco, T., Pipkins, T., Lembcke, B., & Al Mohajer, M. (2020). Using Clinical Decision Support to Improve Urine Culture Diagnostic Stewardship, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and Financial Cost: A Multicenter Experience. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 41(5), 564–570. https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2020.37.
- Goebel, M.C., Trautner, B.W., Grigoryan, L. 2021. The Five Ds of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship for Urinary Tract Infections. Clin Microbiol Rev, 34:e00003-20. https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/CMR.00003-20.
- Andrea Prinzi, SM(ASCP), MPH, CPH, Ph.D. Candidate, Clinical Science, University of Colorado, Anschutz.
- Daniel Diekema, M.D., M.S., Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine-Infectious Diseases, University of Iowa.
- Richard Davis, Ph.D., D(ABMM), MLS(ASCP)CM, PHC Regional Director of Microbiology, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital.
- Timothy Gauthier, Pharm.D., Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Program Manager, Baptist Health South Florida.
- Samia Naccache, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Technical Microbiology, Director at LabCorp Diagnostic Laboratories.
Nov. 9, 2021
Want To Present or Join the Discussion?
ASM is looking for experts in the clinical laboratory to present and discuss relevant journal articles for its Clinical Microbiology Virtual Journal Club.
- One session commitment (1 hour).
- Two to 5 hours per session.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Coordinate with the session coordinator to find a recent journal article on clinical microbiology (preferably open access or ASM).
- Create a 15-minute (max) presentation on confirmed article.
- Present during the live session held the second Tuesday of the month.
- Discussion Panelist:
- Read the 2 articles confirmed for the session you are assigned.
- Participate in the live discussion during the second Tuesday of the month.
- ASM membership required.
- Preferred: a subject-matter expert in a clinical or public health lab, a laboratory director or a laboratory fellow.
Missed a past virtual journal club? Catch up by watching recordings on ASM Events Online.