Program Coordinator (Contract Position), International AffairsThe American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking a Contractual Program Coordinator in the International Affairs Department, with primary responsibilities focused on assisting in coordination and administration of international grant activities. Incumbent will support a team of professionals focused on global laboratory capacity and health systems strengthening for infectious disease control and health security.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of work experience or minimum of 6 years administrative work experience.
- Interest in the area of infectious diseases, global health security and development, particularly in resource-constrained environments.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse groups, including interacting effectively with coworkers, international stakeholders, funders, partners, vendors, etc.
- Experience coordinating travel, contract, and meeting logistics.
- Experience collaborating on the design of projects and planning implementation.
- Ability to multitask and to complete tasks within assigned time frames.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Experience with U.S. Federal Grant administration.
- Advanced MS Office proficiency and ability to develop databases and complex reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English required.
- Ability to easily adapt to other cultures.
- Ability to travel.
This position is funded by an external federal grant. Initially, candidates should be available for a 1-year commitment (with the possibility of an extension).